Lingsoft is the main translation service provider for the European Parliament for translations into Finnish and Swedish. In addition, Lingsoft provides translations for the European Economic and Social Committee, the Committee of the Regions, European Court of Auditors, the European Commission and the Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union. We also produce summaries of EU legislation for the Publications Office of the European Union in 24 languages.
Lingsoft is currently looking for new EU translators to translate and post-edit texts from English, French, German and Spanish into Swedish.
We are also looking for proofreaders to work with EU-translations into Swedish.
The applicant should:
- have experience in EU translations or an interest in expanding their expertise in this field
- possess excellent proficiency in Swedish
- have completed studies in the field or have another applicable educational background (e.g. translation studies, linguistics, economics or political sciences)
- possess strong IT skills and know how to use the Trados Studio CAT tool (or be willing to learn)
- learn quickly and desire to be challenged
- take the initiative and have excellent problem-solving skills
- be precise, fast and flexible.
We offer wide-ranging translation work in a variety of fields as well as first access to the very latest innovations in translation and language technology.
Interested? Send your application and CV to email@example.com. Please enter 'Freelance translator (EU) - First name Last name' in the subject field of the message.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.