Lingsoft is the main translation service provider for the European Commission and the European Parliament for translations into Finnish and Swedish. In addition, Lingsoft provides translations for the European Economic and Social Committee, the Committee of the Regions, European Court of Auditors and the Translation Centre for the Bodies of the European Union. We also produce summaries of EU legislation for the Publications Office of the European Union in 24 languages.
Lingsoft is currently looking for new experienced EU translators from English into Finnish and Swedish.
The applicant should preferably
- have previous experience in translating EU documents (eg. European Parliament, European Commission)
- have completed studies in the field or have another applicable educational background (e.g. translation studies, linguistics, economics or political sciences)
- possess excellent proficiency in Finnish or Swedish
- be open minded towards Machine Translation and Post-editing
- possess strong IT skills and know how to use the Trados Studio CAT tool (or be willing to learn)
- learn quickly and desire to be challenged
- take the initiative and have excellent problem-solving skills
- be precise, fast and flexible.
We offer wide-ranging translation work in a variety of fields as well as first access to the very latest innovations in translation and language technology.
Interested? Send your application and CV to Vendor Manager Mari Laaksonen to email@example.com. Please enter 'Freelance translator (EU)' in the subject field of the message. All possible questions can be sent to the same address.