Are you currently working as a translator or thinking of becoming one? You can be just starting out or a seasoned veteran. The main thing is that you know how to express yourself fluently in English or Swedish, you are co-operative and interested in learning the terminology and style of different special fields. We are seeking freelance translators who primarily work in the following language pairs: Finnish–English and Finnish–Swedish.
We are looking for people:
- with good proficiency in Finnish and, for English translators, excellent proficiency in English; Swedish translators must be native Swedish speakers
- who have completed studies in the field or other applicable studies (e.g. translation studies, linguistics, economics or social sciences); skills/experience in other areas of specialisation are a plus
- who have strong IT and computer skills
- who are registered as a sole proprietor (toiminimi) or have their own company, or use an invoicing service
- who have experience working with Trados Studio (computer-assisted translation software) or are willing to learn how to use it
- who are able to learn quickly and willing to take on new challenges
- who are precise, take the initiative, possess strong problem-solving skills, work quickly and flexibly, and are open-minded.
We offer a steady workflow, a wide variety of translation work in different fields, and a front-row seat to the very latest innovations in translation and language technology! Apply now!